College of Arts & Sciences Dean Search
The College of Arts & Sciences
The 17 departments and 41 centers, programs, and institutes in the College are united in their commitment to deliver excellence in liberal arts education and scholarship. 406 faculty are internationally recognized scholars, innovative researchers, and award-winning teachers who are dedicated to sharing their knowledge and ideas with the 4,700+ undergraduate and nearly 1,000 graduate students. In addition to delivering course content for 34 majors and 59 minors, the College provides foundational undergraduate instruction for the university.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln, a member of the Big Ten Conference and the Big Ten Academic Alliance, is classified within the Carnegie “R1: Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity” category and is a land-grant university.
About Lincoln, Nebraska
Dean and Richard & Catherine Schmoker Professor of Law
- Jennifer Bodfield | Senior Academic HR Specialist
- Joy Castro | Willa Cather Professor, English and Ethnic Studies
- Dan Claes | Chair and Professor, Physics and Astronomy
- Aaron Duncan | Associate Professor of Practice, Communication Studies
- Tracy Frank | Chair and Professor, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- David Hansen | Professor, Psychology
- Matt Loar | Assistant Professor, Classics and Religious Studies
- Jeannette Jones | Associate Professor, History and Ethnic Studies
- Emily Kazyak | Associate Professor, Sociology and Women's & Gender Studies
- Rebecca Lai | Rosowski Associate Professor, Chemistry
- James Linderholm | College of Arts and Sciences External Advisory Board
- Debbie Minter | Associate Professor, English
- Kristi Montooth | Associate Professor, Biological Sciences
- Doug Pellatz | Advisor, Mathematics
- Mitch Hamidi | Graduate Student, Mathematics
- Awa Youm | Undergraduate Student, Biological Sciences
The Dean will join a visionary and collaborative campus leadership team at a time when the University is enjoying a strong positive trajectory. The Dean will have the opportunity to lead an already strong educational and research enterprise that fosters collaboration, promotes quality, recognizes excellence and ensures the thoughtful stewardship of resources.
The Candidate Profile
Candidates should have an outstanding academic record, an abiding commitment to excellence in undergraduate and graduate education and research; success in leading diverse, complex teams; the ability to collaborate effectively; the skill to develop a purposeful and compelling strategy; and possess key leadership characteristics.
How to Apply
The Search Committee will begin reviewing candidates immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Priority consideration will be given to those materials received by 5 p.m. ET on Friday, November 2, 2018.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.