College of Education and Human Sciences Dean Search
The Dean is the chief academic and administrative officer of the College of Education and Human Sciences. The Dean will join a group of fellow deans and campus leaders who are collaborative, supportive and committed. The Dean will engage with a college leadership team of associate deans and department chairs and will have responsibility for the strategic, programmatic, financial, fundraising, and management operations that support the mission and vision of the College of Education and Human Sciences and its role within the university and state.
We invite you to learn more about Nebraska, the College of Education and Human Sciences and the Dean position.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln, a member of the Big Ten Conference and the Big Ten Academic Alliance, is classified within the Carnegie “R1: Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity” category and is a land-grant university.
The University is located in a vibrant and safe city of nearly 300,000 people that has many of the cultural and entertainment benefits of a much larger city, with the feel of a friendly Midwestern community.
The College of Education and Human Sciences
Associate Vice Chancellor,
Dean of Graduate Education
- Theresa Catalano | Associate Professor, Teaching, Learning and Teacher Education
- Dipti Dev | Robinson Assistant Professor, Child, Youth and Family Studies
- Michael Hebert | Associate Professor, Special Education & Communication Disorders
- Shavonna Holman | Assistant Professor of Practice, Educational Administration
- Michael James | Chair and Ardis James Professor, Textiles, Merchandising and Fashion Design
- Sam Meisels | Richard D. Holland Presidential Chair in Early Childhood Development, Professor and Executive Director of the Buffett Early Childhood Institute
- Jennifer Leeper Miller | Lecturer/Director, Ruth Staples Child Development Laboratory
- Ali Moeller | Edith Greer Professor, Teaching, Learning and Teacher Education
- Nick Pace | Chair and Professor, Educational Administration
- Cameya Ramirez-Rousseau | Academic Advisor, College of Education and Human Sciences
- Heather Rasmussen | Assistant Professor, Nutrition and Health Sciences
- Stacie Ray | Associate Professor of Practice, Special Education & Communication Disorders
- Michael Scheel | Interim Chair and Professor, Educational Psychology
- Bradley Stauffer | Director of External Relations, College of Education and Human Sciences
- Nick Bohannon | Undergraduate Student, Nutrition Science
- Betty Jean Usher-Tate | Graduate Student, Educational Psychology
The Dean will join a visionary and collaborative campus leadership team at a time when the University is enjoying a strong positive trajectory. The Dean will have the opportunity to lead an already strong educational and research enterprise that is unified by a commitment to address the physical, intellectual, social and economic well-being of individuals, families, schools and communities.
The Candidate Profile
Candidates should have an outstanding academic record, an abiding commitment to excellence in undergraduate. graduate and professional education and research; success in leading diverse, complex teams; the ability to collaborate effectively; the skill to develop a purposeful and compelling strategy; and possess key leadership characteristics.
How to Apply
The Search Committee will begin reviewing candidates immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Priority consideration will be given to those materials received by 5 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 13, 2018.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.