Search for the Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Inclusion
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln is launching a national search to hire its first Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Inclusion.
The vice chancellor will provide intellectual, strategic and visionary leadership for university goals surrounding diversity and inclusion.
We invite you to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are the flagship and land-grant university for Nebraska, and diversity and inclusion are central to our mission and pursuit of excellence. Each person has something to gain from and offer to our community of learning, discovery and outreach. All are welcome here.
At the University of Nebraska, we strive for excellence in all that we do. True excellence requires that each individual be able to work and learn in an atmosphere of respect, dignity, and acceptance. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion requires that we continuously ensure that our interactions be respectful, protect free speech and sustain academic freedom.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln, a member of the Big Ten Conference and Big Ten Academic Alliance, is classified within the Carnegie “R1: Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity” category and is a land-grant university.
About Lincoln, Nebraska
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is located in an up-and-coming and safe city of nearly 300,000 people and has many of the cultural and entertainment benefits of a much larger city, with the feel of a friendly Midwestern community.
The new vice chancellor will be charged immediately with the development of a strategic plan for diversity and inclusion. The Vice Chancellor will have a unique opportunity to leverage the momentum and energy on campus while capitalizing on the commitment of Nebraska’s faculty, staff and students.
The Candidate Profile
The University seeks a candidate with significant administrative and management leadership experience in a similar area. A doctorate or terminal degree is required. Preferred qualifications include scholarly or research accomplishments commensurate with the rank of Full Professor.
- Rich Bischoff | Associate Vice Chancellor, Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Nicole Buan | Associate Professor, Biochemistry
- Sonia Feigenbaum | Associate Vice Chancellor for International Engagement and Global Strategies
- Rodrigo Franco Cruz | Associate Professor, School of Veterinary & Biomedical Sciences
- Abby Freeman | Director , Admissions
- James Garza | Director, Institute of Ethnic Studies and Associate Professor, History and Ethnic Studies
- John Goldrich | Licensed Mental Health Practitioner, Counseling & Psychological Services
- Deb Hope | Professor, Psychology
- Charlene Maxey-Harris | Chair and Associate Professor, University Libraries
- Sergio Ruiz Director and Professor, Glenn Korff School of Music
- Jamie Vaughn | Executive Associate Athletic Director, Athletics
- Barbara Woodhead | Assistant Director, Services for Students with Disabilities
- Christina Yao | Assistant Professor, Educational Administration
- LaShawn Woodard | Undergraduate Student, Architecture
- Citlally Jimenez | Graduate Student, Natural Resource Sciences
How to Apply
Confidential applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. For best consideration, applications and nominations should be provided by August 6, 2018.
A complete application will include 1) a letter summarizing motivation, relevant leadership experience, and qualifications, 2) a detailed curriculum vitae, and 3) the names, titles and contact information (phone/mail/email) for at least five professional references. References will only be contacted with permission from the candidate. Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should submit a letter of nomination, including the name, position, address, telephone number and email address of the nominee. Greenwood/Asher & Associates, an executive search firm, is assisting the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in the search.
Applications and letters of nominations should be emailed to the three email addresses listed below:
Greenwood/Asher & Assosiates, Inc.
Betty Turner Asher, Partner
Marion Frenche, Principal & Practice Leader, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Kelly Goodsell, Executive Search Consultant
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc.
42 Business Centre Drive, Suite 206
Miramar Beach, Florida 32550
Phone: 850-650-2277 / Fax: 850-650-2272
The University of Nebraska is committed to a pluralistic campus community through affirmative action, equal opportunity, work-life balance and dual careers. See: http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination