University Libraries Dean Search
Just as the University is the intellectual center of the state, the University Libraries is the intellectual heart of the campus and enjoys widespread support from University administration, faculty, staff and students. And, as is the rest of campus, the University Libraries is in a period of exciting change.
We invite you to learn more about Nebraska, the University Library System and the Dean position. Keep reading...
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln, a member of the Big Ten Conference and the Big Ten Academic Alliance, is classified within the Carnegie “R1: Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity” category and is a land-grant university.
Dean of Engineering and Omar Heins Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering;
Chair of Search Committee
- Kirill Belashchenko | Professor, Physics and Astronomy
- Mary Bolin | Professor, University Libraries
- John Carroll | Director and Professor, Natural Resources
- Regina Flowers | Manager, Adele Hall Learning Commons
- Scott Ideen | Geo Library Operations Supervisor, University Libraries
- Elizabeth Lorang | Interim Associate Dean and Associate Professor, University Libraries
- Charlene Maxey-Harris | Interim Associate Dean and Associate Professor, University Libraries
- Sandy Placzek | Associate Director, Law Library; Professor of Law
- Dave Richards | Dean of Libraries, University of Nebraska Omaha
- Bob Woody | Steinhart Foundation Distinguished Professor, Music
- Anastacie Bubb | Undergraduate Student, Biological Sciences; Classics and Religious Studies
The Opportunity The University Libraries
The Dean oversees all aspects of the Libraries’ work and acts as the official representative and advocate for the Libraries in the context of a comprehensive research intensive, RU/VH-classified public land-grant university. The Dean of Libraries will continue the transformation of the Libraries’ physical and virtual spaces, lead major content initiatives, and position the Libraries’ faculty and staff at the center of teaching and research for Nebraska.
The Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate has demonstrated success in leadership, administration and management, scholarship and teaching, outreach, diversity and development. A proven record of distinguished librarianship, scholarly achievement and professional accomplishments that would earn an appointment at the rank of tenured full professor and a terminal degree appropriate for the role of Dean, such as MLS or doctorate is required.
How to Apply
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. The search is being led by Beth Schaefer, Vice President and Charlotte Harris, Consultant.
Review of candidate materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The application deadline is March 4th, 2019. Nominations should be submitted directly to Beth Schaefer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must include a detailed letter of interest and qualifications, a current curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for at least three professional references. These items should be submitted here. References will only be contacted with permission from the candidate.
For questions and assistance with the application process, contact Beth Schaefer, Vice President at email@example.com.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.