Eligibility: Full-time faculty
The Outstanding Undergraduate Research Mentor Award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated excellence in mentoring and supporting undergraduate researchers. Strong nominations will demonstrate excellence in mentoring by supporting and influencing students’ educational and career paths. Examples may include peer-reviewed publications involving undergraduates; student presentations, awards, or scholarships; and evidence of continued success of mentored students. Excellent undergraduate mentors support students through their availability, attentiveness, encouragement, and understanding. Awardees will be recognized at The Laurels award reception.
Submit nominations electronically using Internal Competitions in NuRamp. The items listed below need to be included with each nomination, uploaded as one PDF when completing the form in NuRamp.
- Nomination letter or optional form, if desired: (Maximum of three pages in length). Letters should describe the following qualities that make the nominee an outstanding research/creative activities mentor:
- How the mentor has actively encouraged inquiry, innovation, and created opportunities for students to do research/creative activity.
- How the mentor has supported and influenced students’ educational and career paths (presentation and publication opportunities, planning for continued research and/or graduate studies).
- Give examples of any other attributes or actions that make this mentor truly exceptional.
- Supporting Letter(s): (Maximum of three letters). Letters can be from current or former students who were mentored by the nominee, colleagues, supervisors, or others within the university community in a position to provide support of the mentor’s impact.
- Current Vita/Resume: Submit a current vita/resume for the nominee with names of all students mentored (via UCARE and independently).
|2019||Karsten Koehler||Nutrition and Health Sciences|
|2018||Carl Nelson||Mechanical and Materials Engineering|
|2017||Angela Pannier||Biological Systems Engineering|