This online handbook provides convenient access to many of the operating documents, policies, and guidelines relevant to the faculty at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
When possible, the links direct users to the original source, ensuring that the information provided is current and up-to-date.
When available, the year the policy or document was last updated is indicated in an effort to help faculty verify that the document is current if it is being used to guide critical decisions.
Faculty are advised that many units (academic departments, centers) have unit-level policy documents that are not included here but may impact how college and university level policies are carried out at the unit level.
Additional resources can be found in the general policy index.
University of Nebraska
Governance Documents and Policies
The University of Nebraska provides comprehensive governance and policies for all four of its campuses: University of Nebraska–Lincoln, University of Nebraska at Kearney, University of Nebraska Medical Center, and University of Nebraska at Omaha.
- NU Mission Statement
- Board of Regents Bylaws, Policies, and Rules
- President's Executive Memoranda (Filter Search by Type)
- Graduate College Governance
- NU Inclement Weather Policy| UNL Inclement Weather Policy - 2021
- NU Travel Policy - 2021 | UNL Travel Services
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln is the state's flagship university. It combines the breadth of a research-intensive university with the professional and outreach orientation of a land-grant campus and is the state's largest provider of undergraduate education.
College and University Libraries Bylaws
- Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources - 2016
- Architecture - 2006
- Arts & Sciences - 2022
- Business - 2022
- Education & Human Sciences - 2021
- Engineering - 2020
- Hixson-Lied College of Fine & Performing Arts - 2020
- Journalism & Mass Communications - 2022
- Law - 1992
- University Libraries - 2022
Additional resources can be found on the Human Resources, Information Technology Services, and University Services websites.
Employee Policies and Services
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Opportunities and Policies
- Faculty/Staff Disability Services
- Fair Hiring Search Procedures
- Leave Policies
- Nondiscrimination Statement | Discrimination and Harassment Policies
- Overload Policy
- Summer Salary
- Title IX and Sexual Misconduct
Information Technology Services
- Acceptable Use of Software Systems Management and Deployment – 2014
- Computer Use Policies | Executive Memorandum No. 16 – 2001
- Information Technology Policies, Practices, and Standards
University and Campus Services
- Building Access | Keys/Facility Access Policy
- NCard Policies and FAQs
- Procurement Services Policies | Purchasing Guide
Additional resources for faculty can be found on the Faculty Affairs section of the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor website.
- Appointment Guidelines
- Emeritus Status (Board of Regents Policy RP-4.2.6) – 2012
- Extensions in the Pre-Tenure Probationary Period
- Faculty Academic Records (Board of Regents Policy) - 2013
- Faculty Development Fellowship Policy
- Faculty Ombud Services
- Guidelines for Evaluation of Faculty - 2001
- UNL Faculty Senate
Additional information about student policies and resources that are important to faculty can be found on the University Registrar and Student Affairs websites.
- 15th Week Policy - 2005
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Standards
- Adds, Drops, Changes, and Withdrawal Policies
- Campus Student Fee Allocation
- Graduate Student Leave Policy
- Probation/Dismissal Policy
- Services for Students with Disabilities Faculty Handbook - 2020-21
- Student Absence Policy and Notifications
- Student Code of Conduct - 2020
Published August 2021, Updated January 2023