Our 1700 faculty are the heart of Nebraska.
Our student to faculty ratio is among the lowest for flagship state universities in the country. We also rank among the highest for utilizing full-time faculty positions, a sign of our commitment to our faculty and students. Our world-class faculty include members of the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Engineering, and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and Fellows in numerous professional societies.
Nebraska's faculty are the fabric of our university. There are constant opportunities for faculty development in teaching, research, and service. Faculty Affairs in the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor provides workshops and trainings in leadership development with the goal of developing the next generation of university leaders who will help solve 21st century problems.
- National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
- Professional Development Workshops
- Teaching Learning Symposia
- Faculty-led Inquiry into Reflective and Scholarly Teaching (FIRST)
- New Faculty Development Program
- Professional Development Program for Lecturers
- DEO Leadership Series
- Associate Deans Leadership Series
- BTAA Department Executive Officers Program
- BTAA Academic Leadership Program
The faculty evaluation process at Nebraska is designed to assist the institution in attracting promising faculty members, helping them reach their potential, retaining only the outstanding, and rewarding their proficiency.
- Promotion & Tenure
- Evaluation Guidelines
- Faculty Development Fellowships
- Faculty Insight
Resources for colleges and departments conducting faculty searches, hiring new faculty, and onboarding these new faculty are found here. Visit our employment website to explore faculty positions currently open at Nebraska.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln takes great pride in providing a supportive and engaging campus climate for its faculty. By investing in our faculty, we foster their careers and support them in balancing their personal and professional lives.
- Work/Life Balance
- Dual Career Program
- Phased Retirement
- Association for Women in Science (AWIS)
- Faculty Club Night
- Faculty Ombud Services